Friday, September 27, 2013

Isaiah's Birth Story Part 1

My parents arrived in Atlanta from Spokane on August 31st (5 days prior to my due date). Andrew and I had just moved into our new rental just a week before my parents came. We still had (and have) a number of little projects to do around the house, but for the most part we were settled. Immediately my parents and began working on projects and unpacking what boxes were left. We spent labor day weekend grilling, hanging out with friends, and exploring Atlanta. 

My due date came and went. Something I wasn't prepared for. Of course I knew the chances of me having the baby by or on the due date was slim especially since this was my first. But, what I didn't think would happen was the amount of pressure I would feel to have the baby. Since my parents had pre-purchased their tickets with a return flight time was ticking. It felt like all eyes were on me. AHHH!!! It took a good 5 days for me to relax and just recognize that this baby is going to come when it's good and ready!!

September 3, 2013

At the Food Trucks! One day over due!

King of Pops is an amazing popsicle cart in Atlanta and they have the best Chocolate sea salt popsicle that I couldn't get enough of while I was pregnant!!

On Saturday (September 7th) we woke up bright and early to head into Morningside (a killer neightborhood in ATL) to hit up the farmers market. This is one of my favorite markets. I thought a picture by this sign was appropriate!! 

OCTANE!! Aside from Barista, a coffee shop in downtown Portland, Octane is definitely a favorite. Once we were done at the market we headed here for a snack and some people watching :)

My parents!! 

We took lots of walks and ate all our meals on our screened porch! We had a lot of fun during the time they were here, but it was obvious that something was missing. WHERE IS THAT BABY?!?!?!

On Wednesday (September 11) I had an ultrasound to check and make sure the baby had enough fluid. They also told us the estimated fetal weight, 7lbs 2ounces. Unless he gained 11 ounces in a day and a half, they were a little off :)

The next morning (September 12) I went back to see my midwife. I was put on the monitor for 30 minutes to check for contractions and to get a reading of the baby's heart beat.

At this point I was 1 cm dilated and 100% effaced! My midwife was confident that she would be seeing me over the weekend to have this baby!! I felt hopeful and a little sense of encouragement from this appointment.  I felt even more more excited later in the day when I started having contractions!

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment