Friday, February 14, 2014

A tribute to my ROCK of a Husband

Happy Valentine's Day Love!
I know we don't really celebrate this holiday. What's unique about it? Everybody's getting dressed up, going out for dinner, lighting candles, exchanging cards, and eating way too many dark chocolate hearts. We don't need a day on the calendar to say I love you. But, I will refuse at this point to let another opportunity pass with out saying I love you for oh so many reasons! So, although it's cheesy and sentimental and you dislike cheesy and sentimental I will move onward with this little note.

 
You have absolutely rocked at being a daddy to our baby. Caring for him, playing a part in meeting his daily needs (that are so many) and NEVER complaining about it. Thank you for holding up the walls of our marriage even when they seem like they might not stand up anymore, for accepting apologies that I haven't been humble enough to speak out loud, for smiling when I know you feel like getting angry, and for pushing me out of my comfort zone to be a better wife, mother, and friend. We deserve to celebrate all that we have overcome (and are still overcoming)! Thank you for holding my hand when I'm sad, celebrating my successes, and teaching me what it means to love Jesus. You have put me first when I have put you second too many times. You are a rock, a dreamer, and adventurous. I am excited to be on this adventure with you. I look forward to many more years of not celebrating Valentine's Day with you! Where ever God leads us, you are my #1. This is our family, and I wouldn't choose to be anywhere else with anyone else! xoxo
 

1 comment:

  1. You are a gifted writer Megan. This brought tears to my eyes.

    ReplyDelete